Text by: Quartz Co. Editorial Team
Canadian winters are rough, to say the least. Those who haven’t grown up with them never forget their first winter, and even born-and-bred Canadians dread polar vortexes. It’s already high time to start thinking of buying a winter jacket. Don’t let the cold sneak up on you!
CHOOSING YOUR WINTER JACKET
No matter your style, a winter jacket is an item you must choose carefully. More than a seasonal purchase, it’s a real investment since, for multiple months of the year, it’s an integral part of your personal style. You’ll be wearing it around the city, while you go out and explore the outdoors, and throughout all of your winter activities.
Trying on a coat in-store allows you to get a better idea not only of its cut and fit, but also of its weight and warmth. These elements are both important, when considerating to buy a coat. For example, among all of these women’s winter jackets, which one will fit you best?
WHERE TO SHOP IN TORONTO
Many small boutique stores in Toronto offer curated collections of quality clothes and outerwear, including Quartz Co. winter jackets, which are entirely made in Canada. You can’t go wrong! You can take your time and discuss with the sales consultant, who will gladly help you find the style that fits your needs.
Toronto is also home to many stores specialized in outdoor activities, where you’ll also find Quartz Co. winter jackets among other quality brands.
Here are our retailer recommendations in Toronto, where you will find Quartz Co. jackets:
West Queen West:
- Gravity Pope 1010, Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M6J 1H6
- Park & Province 927 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M6J 1G5
- Sydney’s 682 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M6J 1E5
- Body Blue 199 Danforth Avenue, Toronto, ON M4K 1N2
- Good Neighbour 935 Queen Street East, Toronto, ON M4M 1J6
- Wotever 11 Dickens Street, Toronto, ON M4M 1T8
- Higher Ground Ltd 2541 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M4P 2H9
- Hudson’s Bay (HBC) 176 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M5C 2L7
WINTER JACKETS IN THE GTA AND BEYOND
Great stores for winter jacket shopping don’t stop at the Toronto City limits. There are a plethora of great retailers in Mississauga, Oshawa, and beyond. Here are a few stores that offer a great selection of Quartz Co. women’s and men’s winter jackets:
- Simons Mississauga 100 City Centre Drive #1-814, Mississauga, ON L5B 2C9
- Churchill Crossings 419 King Street West, Oshawa, ON L1J 2K5
- Hiker Haven 166 South Service Road, Oakville, ON L6J 0A5
- Adventure Guide 225 The Boardwalk, Unit #8, Kitchener, ON N2N 0B1
- Belmondo for Men 8099 Weston Road, Woodbridge, ON L4L 0C1
A THIRD OPTION: ONLINE
Are you one of the people who’d rather have their jacket come to them directly? If you prefer, you can visit altitude-sports.com or our online store, where you’ll find the newest collections of Quartz Co. winter jackets for both men and women. With a range of different styles, you’ll definitely find a look that works for you in the latest Quartz Co. offerings - whether it’s the semi-slim-fit Jane for women or the puffy down Falkner for men. You can even pick up a scarf or hat to help keep you warm no matter how cold this Canadian winter gets.